Because of a move across the states coming up in early July, my life is suddenly far busier than normal. Every weekend is filled with a major event or activity, and I’ll be slowly decluttering my home and packing during my weeknights.
In order to avoid burn-out, I compiled a list of Daily Things That Matter. I’m sharing it here, in hopes it may help those of you in similarly chaotic situations – or perhaps those who just need to refocus on what matters.
- Sleep a lot.
- Eat well. Listen to your body.
- Tea is soul-medicine.
- This is not the time to tough it out and suffer needlessly. Take migraine medicine when you need it.
- Pick a few tasks to accomplish each day and focus only on them. Don’t worry about the rest. One day at a time.
- Do well at work. Use your time productively.
- Exercise. At least fifteen minutes. Period.
- Journal daily. It is happy-making and grounding.
- When you need a break, take it. Express yourself, rest yourself, pamper yourself, push yourself, all when you need it.
When you find yourself overwhelmed, what things go on your This Matters list?